words Alexa Wang
Every wedding anniversary is a milestone, but choosing a gift for your loved one can be frazzling. When looking for a gift for your spouse, you don’t want to spoil the surprise by asking them what they want to get. Dropping subtle hints may do the trick but could leave room for misinterpretation.
With these things in mind, most gift-givers end up with traditional practices like giving flowers and expensive dates. However, some go beyond the custom and choose simple yet memorable pieces such as eternity rings, photo frames, mugs, t-shirts, and many other stuff.
A shortlist of wedding gift ideas above could get you going, but more items are worth considering below for a couple-happy anniversary.
Customization is key
Any person can have home essentials, beauty items, devices, and any type of gifts straight from their favorite shop or online merchant. But unlike traditional holidays and birthdays, wedding gifts must hold an extra special place in your heart and that of your partner. Mix conventional and special by getting your loved one personalized gifts.
- Engraved keepsakes: A piece of jewelry can be engraved with a short message you want your beau always to remember. Etching your lover’s name, favorite quote, a memorable date on a ring, necklace, or any jewelry piece can instantly make it unique. (1)
- Photo jewelry: A photo of your spouse, family, or children can be engraved on a pendant. If you have more cash to spare, consider adorning it with precious stones such as diamonds.
- Custom phone case: Your partner’s eyes will surely light up if they receive a bespoke phone case. Some companies offer customization, and prices vary depending on the materials and work needed. (1)
- Portrait: Gifting your loved one with a self-portrait shows you value their individuality. Several artists offer their services depending on your medium and style choice. (1)
It doesn’t matter whether you’re a couple who does everything, every time, or the exact opposite. If you want to spend more time and have fun with your spouse, get or do the following:
- A dinner date: Make your anniversary extra special byspending it at a posh restaurant.Order your spouse’s favorite dish or the house specialty and down it with a bottle of wine.
- Matching tattoos: Tattoos can also serve as permanent reminders of your love for each other. So why not take your special someone to the nearest tattoo shop for new ink?
- Couple shirt: A couple shirt printed with a private joke or your terms of endearment can be something to smile or laugh about when things get challenging.
- Matching robes: If you think you’re too old to have matching shirts,how about splurging on a couple of plush robes to represent being comfortable and cozy in your marriage?
- Framed custom couple portrait: Hanging a picture of you and your spouse constantly reminds you of your marital vows. Have one commissioned by an artist online or in person. Choose a personalized frame to match your style and preference to level up. (2)
- Card games for couples: If you ever find yourself stuck with the person you love, it helps to avoid boredom by playing games.There are different types of games depending on your preference. For example, there’s a card game for mystery-solving partners or another that encourages discussions about the relationship. Another kind of couple’s card game puts the spice back with their sexy challenges and activities. (2) (3)
Consistency is gold
A subscription box contains several products based on a theme and is sent within a recurring period, mostly every month. These days, online subscriptions aren’t the only trendy stuff you can give a loved one.
- Subscription boxes: Whether your partner loves makeup, wellness products, wines, or coffee, subscription boxes are your best friends. There’s even a plant subscription box that sends new batches regularly. These greens come in adorable pots as a bonus. Simply pay subscription fees so you and your partner can enjoy and try them all. (4)
- Preserved or everlasting roses: A beautiful bouquet of your partner’s flowers may seem common. However, it is even better to put a twist to it by gifting preserved roses that last up to a year. In addition, you can buy everlasting flowers that don’t wither, just like your feelings for each other. (2) (4)
When convenience means love
Speaking of preferences, you can’t go wrong with a gift that fits your loved one’s personality, work, and lifestyle. Whether your spouse often travels for work or racks up travel points with you, below are gift ideas that will be appreciated:
- Travel to an exotic destination: If you’re still not halfway to fulfilling your travel bucket list, use your anniversary as an excuse to visit one of your dream destinations.
- A pushpin map: Conversely, if you want to be reminded of the many places you’ve been to, get a map and mark these places to remind you of fun times.
- Tailor-made travel essentials: Frequent travelers will appreciate it if you gift them customized travel items. Add flair to luggage, sneakers, pouches, and travel kits by embroidering your spouse’s initials on them or asking your favorite seamstress to make one. (1) (4)
- Overnight bag: An overnight bag is perfect for when your partner needs to travel quickly to nearby areas.
- Sling bag: A small handbag with your essentials such as a phone, passport, identification cards, or wallet can be handy to avoid taking along a heavy load every time, especially if you’re flying.
When you want your spouse to feel good
Receiving a gift from a loved one is often enough to make you happy. Imagine how your partner will feel if you hand them a present that’s meant to bring out positivity, both literally and figuratively?
- Massagers: Besides a day at the spa, you can give wellness products to your partner to enhance self-care even at home. A handheld massager can eliminate sore muscles and improve blood circulation. So are facial massagers that double as beauty tools. (4)
- A blank book: Show how much you love your spouse by filling a blank book with handwritten love notes and photos. It’s like writing down multiple versions of your vows in a very accessible book. (4)
There are multiple ways to show your love to your spouse. Of course, you can always tell them your feelings. But showing it to them may be better, especially on special occasions.
In considering a gift for your partner, you’d want something that holds a special meaning for both of you. Choose something that conveys your feelings for your partner and realign them into these tangible and non-tangible items. No matter what you give to your beau, always make it more memorable by showing how glad you are when handing it to them.
- “39 Personalized Gift Ideas: The Best Custom Gifts to Order Online in 2021”, Source: https://www.teenvogue.com/story/personalized-gift-ideas
- “48 Romantic Gifts That Your Partner Will Treasure”, Source: https://www.esquire.com/lifestyle/sex/g676/romantic-gift-ideas/
- “32 Cute Gifts for Couples That They Can Enjoy Together on Christmas and Beyond”, Source: https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/holidays/gift-ideas/g23743369/gifts-for-couples/
- “65 Romantic and Unique Gifts for Your Wife”, Source: https://www.theknot.com/content/romantic-gifts-for-wife