words Al Woods
The Importance of Microsoft Azure Certification
Microsoft Azure is among the most popular and rapidly-evolving cloud computing platforms in the world. It is an excellent option for businesses that want to move their applications and data to the cloud.
Azure is also an excellent option for professionals looking to take their IT or software development careers in a new direction. Azure certification training is the gateway to entering this lucrative field of work. Azure certifications are valuable and sought-after IT certifications that prove that the holder has mastered the skills and knowledge needed to build, design, and manage Azure solutions.
An Overview of the Microsoft Azure 104 Exam
This exam was recently introduced, which is a role-based certification. It has been introduced to replace the outdated AZ 100, AZ 101, AZ 102, and AZ 103 exams. Anyone who wishes to become a certified Microsoft Azure Administrator needs only prepare for the 104 Exam.
It is a Microsoft Cloud certification exam that tests your skills in Azure. This exam will help you access and authenticate your knowledge of Microsoft Azure cloud services such as storage, networking, security, computing, and other cloud-related capabilities. It is a globally recognised exam, and on passing it, your pay-scale will improve considerably.
It is a multiple-choice exam with approximately 40-60 questions, and the passing score is 700 out of 1000. If you fail the exam, you will have to wait at least 24 hours to retake it. You may also refer to the online websites to learn more about the exam retaking policy.
This exam measures your technical proficiency in deploying and managing Azure compute resources, managing Azure identities and governance, implementing, and managing storage, monitoring and backing up Azure resources, and configuring and managing virtual networking.
You can take the exam in several languages as per your requirement. The languages included by Microsoft are English, Chinese (traditional and simplified), Korean, German, Spanish, French, Portuguese (Brazil), Italian, Arabic (Saudi Arabia), and Russian.
The Azure certification costs $165, and the validity of the certification is for about two years.
Who can take the Microsoft Azure 104 exam?
Although there is no prerequisite necessary to take this exam, candidates with the following skills can prepare and attempt to get the Microsoft Azure certification:
- To be eligible for taking this exam, you must have an associate’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution.
- Candidates for this test should have experience in their organisation creating, administering, and monitoring a Microsoft Azure environment.
- System administrators, network administrators, and IT professionals should consider taking this exam, primarily if they work on systems that use Microsoft Azure.
- This test calls for at least six months of experience in Azure administration experience. It will also require an in-depth understanding of basic Azure services, workloads, security, and governance.
How to prepare for the Azure 104 exam?
Understanding the subjects and practising with the offered material are necessary steps in preparing for the AZ-104 exam. In addition, training for the Microsoft Azure 104 certification is necessary before going in for the assessment. The following are the ways one could prepare for the examination.
- It’s good to start with a review of the topics and objectives because it will help you understand some of the more challenging concepts.
- After that, mock exams can be taken as many times as necessary until they are mastered.
- Reviewing all the material one more time, making notes or study aids on critical points, and taking a mock test on exam day should all be part of exam preparation.
- One of the best ways is to take a free or paid course from various online websites. The tutorials available on these websites are very detailed and cover all aspects of Azure technology.
- The paid courses come with the advantage of getting extensive help from trained instructors who will help you train and prepare for the exam. This option is a little expensive, but the constructive help of the instructors will significantly help you in the long run.
- If you do not have enough time to take a course, some websites also offer shorter videos covering specific topics in more detail.
- Many reference books are available for your convenience that will help you prepare for the exam.
- You can also use the exam stimulators, which have a set number of 256 practice questions. The best part about the stimulators is that they are constantly updated to match any upgrades that might be made in the Az 104 exams.
- You can also join discussion forums and various study groups to hone your skills and practise for the upcoming exam. The exchange of ideas and fresh perspectives of other candidates can help you prepare for the certification exams. This is the most time-saving means of getting ready for the examination.
- Last but not least, the more time you devote to studying for the exam, the better the chances of cracking it. Even with your work schedule, you should make sure to study at least 2-3 hours daily.
The Azure Microsoft certification is a powerful way to advance your cloud skills and knowledge. With the growing popularity of Azure, it has become more and more important for professionals to get certified to be up-to-date with what’s happening in the industry.