words Al Woods
When trimming your beard, you must remember that the purpose is not only to keep your beard looking tidy, but also to keep it healthy. Some might say that you need to spend money on a beard trimmer, and this is absolutely true. Read this article if you want to learn more about beard trimmers.
Know The Different Types Of Trimmer
First off, you need to know the different kinds of beard trimmers that are available for purchase, as they come in many different sizes and prices. The two most common trimmers that men use are the electric beard trimmer and the manual beard trimmer. Knowing which beard trimmer best suit you is crucial for good-looking skin and overall appearance.
- Manual Beard Trimmers: With manual trimming, you can trim your beard to a certain length simply by holding the trimmer and moving it in a circular motion.
- Electric Beard Trimmers: This type of trimmer does not require any power source. It is also called a battery-operated trimmer. The reason why battery-operated trimmers are the most popular is that they are easy to use, as you don’t have to worry about getting the cord tangled. The batteries for these trimmers are rechargeable, so you can take them out, charge them and have enough power for the next trim.
Apply Proper Beard Trimming Process
By learning the correct way to trim your beard, you will have shinier and healthier beard growth later on.
- You will need to choose between using gel or cream-based shaving soap on the part of the beard which is being trimmed.
- Determine which direction you will be shaving. Get to the correct length of beard by first deciding how long you want the beard to be, and keeping this in mind while you trim.
- Decide which parts you want to get rid of. There are ways to achieve this precisely, such as using a moustache trimmer or a razor blade. You can use these to remove excess hair that is growing around your cheeks and chin area.
- Apply a finishing coat to make sure that your new beard looks its best. This coat is usually made from an alcohol-based product, and may only take effect after a few weeks have passed.
Get A Good Comb
Getting a good comb will help make your beard stand out and look better. When you are looking for a good comb, you should find one that’s made of plastic so that won’t be exposed to any heated metal. You could also use a hair-brush to make sure that your hair is out of your face, complimenting your beard and making it look more professional. Going for a heated bear brush might be what you need, if you are struggling with a messy beard that can’t be tamed.
Clean Blades Regularly
Make sure that you clean the blades and other tools in your grooming kit regularly, so that there is no build up. You should make sure that you keep the blades sharp. When it is time to trim the hair, make sure that you do it the right way as described previously; otherwise, it will look uneven and untidy. You can also go to a salon to purchase a good beard trimmer, or ask where they would go to buy one, if you don’t already have one in your home.
Care Tips For A New Beard
It is crucial to take good care of your skin and beard at all times, for utmost comfort and aesthetic.
Take a look at the following care tips for your new beard:
- Keep in mind that if you want your new beard to grow long, then it is important to keep it clean.
- You should make sure that you brush your beard daily with an anti-bacterial soap or anti-bacterial shaving cream, to remove all bacteria that could hinder the beard’s health and strength.
- Use a top-quality facial moisturizing cream or beard oil to keep your skin healthy, and protect it from dryness and irritation. A good moisturizer will usually contain aloe vera, witch hazel, jojoba oil and vitamin E.
These are just a few of the tips that you can use to make sure you get the most out of trimming your beard. Remember to really consider the kind of beard you have, look at the area you are trimming and decide in which direction you want to shave.
Finally, it’s important to clean the blades of your shaver or trimmer regularly, and don’t be afraid to spend a little money on supplies. Your beard will thank you.