words Al Woods
In today’s digital age, more and more events are being hosted virtually rather than in person. There are many benefits to hosting a virtual event in 2022, including lower costs, increased attendance, and greater flexibility for attendees. If you’re thinking of hosting a virtual event soon, follow these tips to ensure it’s a success!
What is a Virtual Event, and Why Should I Consider Hosting One?
A virtual event is an event that is hosted online, typically using video conferencing or webinar software. Virtual events have become increasingly popular due to the many benefits of in-person events.
- For example, virtual events are typically more cost-effective to host since there is no need to rent out a venue or pay for travel and accommodation for attendees.
- In addition, virtual events often have increased attendance compared to in-person events since people can participate anywhere without worrying about travel logistics.
- Finally, virtual events offer greater flexibility for attendees, as they can choose to attend either live or on-demand at a time that suits them.
The easiest way to host a successful event is to use a reputable virtual event hosting platform. It makes the process of organizing an event easier and chances that your event will be successful grow much bigger.
Now that you know what a virtual event is and some of the benefits of hosting one, let’s move on to the tips!
Pre-Planning Your Virtual Event
Define Your Goals
The first step is to define your goals for the event.
- What are you hoping to achieve?
- Are you looking to generate leads, increase brand awareness, or drive sales?
Once you know your goals, you can plan how to achieve them.
Identify Your Audience
Who is your target audience for the event? It’s essential to understand who you want to reach with your event to tailor your marketing and content accordingly.
Choose the Right Format
There are many different formats for virtual events, from webinars and live streams to on-demand content and panels. Think about what will work best for your audience and your goals. For example, if you’re looking to generate leads, a webinar might be good.
Pick the Perfect Date and Time
When choosing a date and time for your event, it’s essential to consider the time zones of your target audience. You’ll also want to avoid any major holidays or events that could conflict with your event.
Planning Your Virtual Event
When planning a virtual event, you need to keep a few key things in mind.
Choose the Right Platform for Your Event
There are many different software options available, and here are some factors to consider when choosing the right platform.
- Ease of use: You’ll want to choose an easy platform for both you and your attendees to use.
- Compatibility: Make sure the platform you choose is compatible with the devices and operating systems your attendees will be using.
- Features: Consider what features you need for your events, such as live streaming, on-demand viewing, chat functions, etc.
- Pricing: Compare the cost of different platforms to find one that fits within your budget.
Promote Your Event
Once you’ve selected your platform, it’s time to promote your event.
Create a Compelling Event Listing
Your event listing is one of the most important tools for promoting your virtual event. Here are some tips for creating a listing that will grab attention and get people excited about attending your event.
- Start with a strong headline: Use keyword-rich keywords to help your listing appear in search results.
- Include key details: Include all the essential information about your event, such as the date, time, duration, speakers, topics, etc.
- Use engaging visuals: Include images or videos that give potential attendees a taste of what they can expect from your event.
- Make it easy to share: Include social media sharing buttons so attendees can easily share your listing with their networks.
Use Social Media and Email Marketing to Reach Out Potential Attendees
In addition to your event listing, you’ll also want to promote your virtual event through social media and email marketing.
- For social media, create posts that highlight the critical details of your event and include engaging visuals. Be sure to use relevant hashtags so potential attendees can easily find your event.
- Email marketing is another excellent way to reach out to potential attendees. Create a compelling email campaign that includes all the key details of your event and links to your registration page.
- You can also use email marketing to cultivate relationships with potential sponsors and partners for your event.
- As you start promoting your event, keep track of who is registering so you can follow up with them closer to the date.
Finally, don’t forget to send reminders about the event date! There are a few different ways you can send reminders to potential attendees.
- You can use your email marketing tool to set up automatic reminders that will be sent out at specific intervals before the event date.
- You can also post reminders on social media and include a link to your event listing or registration page.
- As the event date gets closer, you can also reach out to potential attendees individually to remind them about the event.
Executing Your Virtual Event
Now it’s time to execute your event.
On the day of the event, make sure you have a dedicated team to manage the technical side of things. This team should ensure that the live stream runs smoothly and that all attendees can join the event without any issues.
In addition, someone on this team should be designated as the moderator and be responsible for keeping the event on track and answering any questions.
Once your event is underway, it’s essential to keep your audience engaged. This can be done by:
- Interact with your audience by asking questions, taking polls, and starting conversations in the chat function.
- Encourage audience participation by giving attendees opportunities to win prizes or rewards.
- Use engaging visuals, such as PowerPoint presentations, infographics, and videos.
- Make sure your speakers are prepared and that their presentations are interesting and informative.
You can also provide attendees with downloadable resources, such as e-books or worksheets, to keep them involved after the event has ended.
Wrap-Up and Follow-Up
After your virtual event has come to an end, it’s essential to take some time to follow up with your attendees.
- Thank the Participants: You can do this in the form of an email or social media post.
- Survey the Participants: You want to know what they thought! This will help you make your next event even better.
- Post-Event Highlights: Photos, videos, and articles about the event on your website and social media channels. This is great exposure for future events!
Planning a virtual event can seem daunting, but it can be a successful and enjoyable experience for both you and your attendees with proper planning and execution. By following these tips, you’ll be sure to have a smooth and successful virtual event in 2022 that your attendees will love!